Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Not knowing what to do with the case it sat in the guestroom while other projects were completed. In the middle of the kitchen destruction Steven came up with the idea with a wall mounted jewelry box. With some scrap wood and remnant velvet it developed into a great piece for the bedroom.
Monday, June 13, 2011
Transformed a metal case into a wall mounted jewelry box.
Put another metal piece up for the office wall. The wall is close to being complete.
Steven mentioned touching up the baseboards. (I’ll take what I can get.)
Reinvigorated the atrium.
Let’s take a look at that first project. There is an empty space at the end of our kitchen. It has two windows that look out into a portion of the yard. The space was so lonely and needed some love (aka furniture). We took apart the orange sewing table and reassembled it in the nook. Then we needed to start removing an old project from about a year ago.
The past year we have perused multiple quilting shows with Ona, Steven’s mom. He noticed thread racks for an excessive amount of money. This put a spark in Steven’s mind that he wanted to design his own so I could always find the right thread. This big idea turned into a small budget project. For less than $10 we put the FUN in FUNctional. With a few wooden rulers and a package of screws Steven created his own thread racks. Originally we wanted wooden yard sticks but we settled for the rulers. I think it turned out better that way.