Einstein

Personally, I experience the greatest degree of pleasure in having contact with works of art. They furnish me with happy feelings of intensity such as I cannot derive from other realms.
- Einstein -

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Welding Class

About a year ago I began working from home. Most people would give their right leg to work from home but after a week I had cabin fever. My field trips were to the gym and grocery store and they became redundant. Then at about week three of Steven coming home to a crying wife he surprised me with an art class. I was going to weld!

Now I am not allowed in the kitchen but I was about to be given fire, electricity and gas in combination. What a potential recipe for disaster. Well let me just mention up front that only the expected small welding fires were created and I have all my limbs. What came out of the class was a beautiful chandelier. Steven found a rusted tractor wheel on Craigslist.org. We had it professionally cleaned and I was off to class with my wheel and steel tubing and rods. I first created the pockets that hold the lighting fixtures. Then I followed by creating the nest that hangs below. Steven wired the chandelier and we were done! Well we thought we were.

Let me tell you hanging a tractor wheel from a vaulted ceiling is heavy and hard. Not that I would know too much about it as I watched from below. What I can tell you is that it is hilarious! Especially watching your husband and brother in law swinging from the ceiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment